See an Eyecare Specialist to Prevent and Treat Common Eye Problems
Are you looking for an eyecare specialist in Philadelphia or the surrounding area? Let us help. Your eyes play an essential role in your overall health, and fortunately, there are plenty of ways to ensure they stay as fit as possible. For example, comprehensive eye exams once a year help spot eye problems before they develop further, and you look extremely cool when you protect your eyes from the sun via sunglasses. Here at The Eye Doctors, we have the experience and savvy to work with you to prevent and treat common eye issues.
Common Eye Problems
Ask any eyecare specialist in Philadelphia for a list of common eye problems, and you’ll get something like this:
- Broken blood vessels
- Blurry vision
- Pink eye
- Trauma (for example, if a ball hits your eye)
- Dry Eye
- Retinal disorders
- Eyelid issues (such as drooping eyelids or blinking spasms)
In some cases, eye problems resolve themselves, for example, in the case of allergies. However, you should seek treatment for persistent issues and in situations that involve trauma, even if you do not detect damage. If you or someone in your family has pink eye, limit that person’s contact with others until a doctor’s appointment, as pink eye is often contagious.
The Eye Doctors use cutting-edge technology to help with your eye problems in the following ways:
- Our Profiler Plus measures your spectacle Rx and is highly accurate. So accurate that we’re 1 of 2 offices in the Philadelphia area that can fabricate high definition optics for eyeglasses.
- The Optomap retinal camera, a much more comfortable alternative to pupil dilation, enables a 200-degree field of view of the back of your eye to diagnose more than 190 diseases.
- OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) Imaging takes cross-section images of your eye with light waves to catch issues such as diabetic eye disease early.
Make an Appointment Today
When you need an eyecare specialist in Philadelphia or in the surrounding region, make an appointment with The Eye Doctors by using our convenient online request form or calling us at (610) 449-5051.