Give Your Child the Gift of Sight
Just like eye color and certain personality traits, vision is something else children inherit from their parents. And just like keeping up with your child’s doctor and dentist appointments, you’ll also want to keep up with your child’s eye care with the help of an experienced pediatric eye doctor in Havertown. The Eye Doctors are here to help make sure your child is able to see everything in the world you wish to show them, and do so in a way that’s efficient and enjoyable for child and parent.
Pediatric Eye Doctors
It’s important that you make sure an eye doctor who has a background in working with young patients takes care of your child’s eyes. The reason for this is pediatric eye doctors have the training and education necessary to properly identify and diagnose problems that are common to a child’s eyes.
During your child’s comprehensive eye exam at The Eye Doctors, some of the things you both can expect include:
- An examination of the eye muscles, eyelids and other external components
- A view of either the retina or the back of the eye
- A corneal light reflex test, which determines whether the eye properly focuses and centers light
- An eye shifting test
- A test of visual acuity
Eye Conditions Common to Children
Another reason it’s so important that your child see a qualified pediatric eye doctor is because there are certain eye conditions that are more common in children than adults. Such conditions include:
- Strabismus, which is a condition that affects the eye’s ability to focus on the same image
- Amblyopia, which is more commonly referred to as “lazy eye”
- Refractive errors, which essentially near and farsightedness
Help Your Child Perform Better in School
For information on why proper vision is essential to improved school performance, call The Eye Doctors at 610-449-5051, or you can submit a Contact Us form, if you like.